Shop Now

Monday, June 9, 2014

Challenge #214, Celebrate DAD

Hope everyone is having a creative day.  I don't know about you but sometimes I have a creative block and then other times it flows so freely I can't keep up. Do you have days like that too?
I knew I needed a Father's Day card so it was easy to make this card, because I know how much my step-father loves old cars. At one time it had a shop where they refurbished old cars, but now he is retired.  I think he will like this one, a classic "Woody".


The Cricut cartridge I used was Elegant Edges. I cut the shape in two colors of paper, brown and brown plaid and layered them onto a Kraft card base. The car image is cut from a Gecko Galz collage sheet. I also used the collage title "Your A Classic" as my sentiment. I had a piece of adhesive ribbon I used. I have been trying to use up some of the scraps in my stash on everything I do. I had to make the banner and write it freehand. Can you believe it, I don't have a stamp for Father's Day.  The finishing touches, black flat back pearls in the corners and black faux stitching.

Hope you join the challenge this week by linking to our Father's Day challenge.

Bye, Bye for Now
KIM

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Kim! I love that you've combined the collage with the die cuts - and your writing on the banner is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete