Shop Now

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Altered Book

Hope everyone is having a creative weekend.  I have been working on a challenge project for 2 Shabby Sisters Studio.  The challenge is to alter a book.  I have to say it was very hard for me to cut up a book to make the inside.  It was an old book from the flea market, so I know it was well read.  I kept telling myself I can use all the pages in other projects.  So here is a picture of the final project.


I decided to make a baby keepsake book.  The papers I used are Anna Griffin.  Here is a list of the embellishments I used
Anna Griffin stickers
Graphic 45 door plate and knob
Graphic 45 keyhole
Recollection flowers (white)
Steam distress ink (dye flowers)
Antique white paint (distressing and flowers)
Martha Stewarts (rocking horse and alpha stickers)
Recollections bling and lace
Rosette and Ribbon Cricut cartridge (Rosette)
Modge Podge frames
Offray blue gingham ribbon

 Here are more pictures showing details.




And now the inside.



Hope you enjoyed my book.  I love the way it turned out. I plan to put little mementos inside from when my son was born, such as his bracelet from the hospital. Those kinds of things.

Bye, Bye for Now
KIM







1 comment: