Shop Now

Monday, August 5, 2013

FCCB CHALLENGE #172 MAKE A SPLASH

Hi! Everyone have a good weekend? This week our challenge is to create a water theme project.  Have you been to the beach, pool or water park to try and cool off? Share your card, layout or project with us.

We are also featuring digi stamps from the PAPER NEST DOLLS. HERE is a link to their site.

 They graciously allowed us to try out a sample of water related digis.  The one I chose to showcase was SAND CASTLE OWEN.


I have to say this was my first time to color an image for a card.  I know there are alot of crafters who use digi's on their cards and their coloring is so much better than mine. The only markers I had were Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I watched a couple of tutorials on You Tube and gave it a try.  After 4 attempts this was the best I could do.  I really have respect for those ladies who make it look so easy. I am going to keep practicing though.  

For my card I used Colorbok 8x8 paper pad from WalMart as my back ground.  The sun and sunglasses were cut from Create-a-Critter at 1.50".  I put yellow Stickles on the sun and used black Glossy Accents for the sunglasses.  The sentiment is alpha stickers in brown glitter from Making Memories. The paper I used to cut the base of the card and the sun are Coredinations orange and yellow.

Check out the images at THE PAPER NEST DOLLS site.  If your experienced or giving coloring a try for the first time you will be able to find the perfect image.  They have a good selection of cute images.

Join us this week and have fun crafting.
Bye, Bye for Now,
 KIM

7 comments:

  1. This is so much fun. Love the cute sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for a first time! I think you did good. Keep coloring and you will see it gets easier each time. I am still learning too!
    Anyways..congrats on a cute card!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie FCCB DT
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute! It is hard to learn to color like a pro, but you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! You were brave enough to give markers a try, and I think you did a great job! I was too chicken to even try!! That sun with the glasses is so cute and I really like how you created the sentiment - gives the card a really fun feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, I really like the sunburst paper you framed the image in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, you did a good job for your first try! Love the sunglasses on your sun.

    ReplyDelete