Shop Now

Monday, June 3, 2013

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog Challenge # 163

This week the challenge at FCCB is to make a project using two types of ribbon. I needed a birthday card and thought I would make it with two types of ribbon.                                                                  
  

 Also it was my first attempt at heat embossing.  I have seen it used by other crafters but had not invested in a heat gun and embossing powders, which by the way are a little pricey I discovered.  For someone who usually buys supplies on sale or discounted it was a big decision to purchase everything I  needed. I have to say I was very pleased with the results.  I do need a little more practice to perfect it though.

For my card I used Elegant Edges to cut the scalloped circle at 2.50 inches and the shadow.  The inner circle was cut smaller at 2.00 inches.  I threaded the blue gingham ribbon through the holes and tied a bow.  It is pop dotted onto the shadow. The border is a Martha Stewart border punch. The ribbon is more of the blue gingham and a piece of blue polka dot ribbon.

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a stamp set by TPC Studios. I used a fine silver embossing powder from Michael's and Versamark to stamp. It really was easy and the effect is very dramatic. If you haven't tried to heat embosse you might want to give it a try too. 

Thanks for looking. Join the challenge at FCCB this week and have fun.
Bye, Bye for Now, 
KIM

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice Kim I like the ruffle border and how you laced the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I really like how you wove the ribbon through the scalloped circle!

    ReplyDelete