Shop Now

Saturday, May 26, 2012

SWEET DREAMS DOOR HANGER/TAG

Today I was making a gift tag for a baby shower gift and thought it would be cute to make it so it could be used as a door hanger. I was inspired by the blue ribbon I found at Tuesday Morning.  They just opened one in the same strip mall as my local Joann store. I read on someones blog that they sold discounted scrapbooking supplies so I thought I'd have a look see.  Sure enough to my delight oddlies of goodies.  I bought alot of stuff (a bag of buttons, 5 spools of blue ribbon and a pack of assorted brads) and only spent $7.00.

I made the tag using Cricut cartridge George and Basic Shapes page 102.  I cut the tag from white card stock at 5 1/2".
The blue card stock I used was from Coordinations "Beachside". I cut a piece 3 1/4" x 2 3/4" and used the cuttlebug to emboss with Swiss Dots folder. I then used my Fiskars corner punch for the corner detail.

The second Cricut cartridge I used was Create a Critter for the moon, cloud background and phrase on page 71. All were cut at 2 1/2". I stamped the face using Peachy Keen PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment in Blue Lagoon Colorbox chalk. I used Baby Blue Stickles to make the face sparkle. I used this same color chalk around the edges of the tag. I also used Colorbox Peach Pastel on the cloud. I used a blue gem from my stash as the pom-pom on the hat. The blue ribbon, which I love, is from Tuesday Morning and is by Pebbles. The yellow organza ribbon was a piece from my stash. The baby brad is from an adorable set from Masterpiece Studio's Baby Epoxy Brads. I have used almost all of this set on other projects and love them. I've had them for a while and probably won't be able to find them again. Here are the pictures. I am posting this using my phone. The laptop crashed and burned and can't afford to replace it right now. Hope you enjoy and keep on blogging my crafty friends. Bye bye for now, Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment