Shop Now

Sunday, March 18, 2012

MANLY MAN BIRTHDAY CARD

I would like to share a card I made for my step-father's birthday.  I have difficulty with this type of card.  There is no lace, ribbons, bows or polka dots on this card.  My step-father has always worked on cars, so I thought this would work.

I used black card stock cut for A2 envelope. I used a red envelope for this card.  The background paper with the gears is from DCWV Tattered Time Stack.  I cut it slightly smaller and then used a circle punch on the corners.  The wrench is cut from DCWV Metallic Stack from the Indie Art cartridge.  I cut it @ 5" then inked the edges with Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.  The Happy Birthday Ricky sentiment is an alphabet sticker set I bought at the Dollar Store by Miss Elizabeth.

I used my crop-a-dile to set the three silver eyelets at opposite corners. I then used a black cord "sticky stitches" by Colorbok to criss-cross the card. I adhered the background to the card base after doing all this. I then attached the wrench using pop dots for dimension.

I think it looks very manly, don't you?

For the inside I had to use a white gel pen to write my message so it would show up.

I am going to enter this card in the My Craft Spot Manly Man challenge.

 I would like to thank everyone that left a comment on my last post.  I would also like to thank my new followers for signing in.  I think I'm getting the hang of this blogging thing.  I can link now and I am taking better pictures.  It's muck easier to import them, too.  I have even learned how to grab buttons.  That took a long time for me to figure out.

In the future I will be posting more often so please check in now and then.  Until next time take care and have a great Monday.
Bye Bye, Kim



4 comments:

  1. What a super card - and just perfect for a man! I love the way you used cord and eyelets on the card. It looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great guy card---the image & that stitching look very manly!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful birthday card you have shared..i might need this when use these design for Gift Card envelopes..thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot...thanks for sharing it.
    Discount card printing

    ReplyDelete